Our Blog - A look into our world
And every one of those steps can be heavily-influenced by signage, especially the kind that showcases the branding of your logo and message.
In fact, the value of signs as marketing tools is as simple to understand as ABC
- Attracting New Customers: Some studies say that 85% of your customers live within five miles of your business. That means if you want to find customers outside your base after you've saturated the local market, you're going to need to use outdoor signs and other techniques to get them.
- Branding Your Business: Since so many of your potential customers leave nearby, they should be come so familiar with your brand and business that it's second-nature for them to stop in when they need something. That's only going to happen if there are signs outside and around town constantly reminding them about your brand.
- Creating Impulse Sales: Chances are, at some point, a sign has made you stop what you were doing and enter a store to buy something. Maybe you didn't know you wanted that item until you saw the sign but you knew as soon as you saw it that you were going to get what you need. Impulsive sales cannot be overlooked and signage like illuminated signs can help you secure more of them.
- Carved Signs - If you are located near a street or open space where customers pass by often, a carved sign can be a great way to spark attention and build dependable branding. There are plenty of ways to make a carved sign stand out, including making it gilded, sandblasted, painted with vinyl graphics or lighted. Quality sign companies will make durable signs that won't warp from weather or time as well as making sure the paint won't crack. Like your brand, your sign should last a long time.
- Illuminated Signs- Chances are, your customers don't stop needing things once the sun goes down. So a lighted sign makes a lot of sense. Even during the day, they attract attention and stand out from the crowd. Thanks to technology like LED, the landscape of signage has changed as the list of things you can do has increased exponentially.
- Monument Signs - If your business is inside a plaza or office complex, a monument sign is a great way to let customers know they can find you inside with a style of signage that stands the test of time and provides a durable branding opportunity. The weather-resistant material should last you for years as your business grows and your brand remains strong. Just like the sign.
- Painted Signs - Is your business about attention to detail, quality or artisan craft? Then a painted sign might be the best option for your business. A painted sign showcases quality graphics and/or images that speak to your desire for customers to see you and expect quality from your business.
- Awnings - Sometimes a sign isn't a sign. If an awning makes sense for your business, it can be like multiple signs in one. You can choose from hundreds of styles, colors and graphics that complement your building, logo and branding. It's hard to go wrong with awnings.
If you want your business to attract attention, the exterior sign you choose needs to stand out amongst the competition. Dimensional signs are an effective choice that literally jumps off the wall to greet your customers. They add value to your business, attract clients and increase your traffic. While flat, two dimensional painted signs try to create the illusion of light, depth and shadow, dimensional signs deliver the real thing. Customers' first impressions will be one of professionalism and attention to detail when encountering a unique, dimensional exterior sign.
The signage that a business uses outside of their location is extremely important to success. Without a clear visible sign, your customers will have trouble identifying your business from the road. Though as you explore different sign options, you'll realize there are two different types of lighted signs, LED and neon. Which one should you choose? Definitely LED.
- Signage can bring in hundreds of new clients, but if that signage does not grab the attention of those possible clients then purchasing the advertising space goes right down the drain. Choosing the correct LED signs will lead to a large boost in business.
- The first thing to consider with this type of signage is distance. Do you want to put the sign by the road where drivers will pass by it? Will they be going too fast to even see it? Signage might not be best on the highway if drivers are traveling at a fast speed. The rule of thumb for LED signs is that every inch equates to ten feet so a three inch letter is seen from thirty feet away. You want potential clients to be able to quickly read the sign, comprehend the message and not drive off of the road while seeing the sign.
- Reading the sign is also of utmost importance. LED signage can be used in both outdoor and indoor areas, but the most important part of the location is exactly what the sign SAYS. How many rows and letters will effectively target the audience? LED signs usually best allow a height of eight pixels and a width of six pixels for every line of text. Some use the Pixel Matrix of multiplying the number of pixels vertically by the number of pixels horizontally to create the best viewable signage.
- The third thing to consider is color. You want the sign to stand out, but you also don't want it to take over a client's eyes. The best thing people can do with LED signs is use the company branding and colors to attract the clients whether driving or walking.
- Resolution is the next thing to consider with LED signs. The degree of sharpness and clarity will give a direct result to clients streaming in the door. You want them to fully understand the signage and know why they are coming in the store. This can mean a high cost if there is too much focus on the resolution, but the business should be fine just watching the height, text and color of the overall LED sign.
After considering all that you want your sign to say and do, figuring out if you want it inside or outside is best. Most LED signs are best used outside to attract clients. If a sign needs to be seen from the street sometimes even an outdoor sign is used for best exposure. Outdoor signs are weatherproof and do not fade. Indoor signs can usually be seen in commercial lighting, but not strong enough for the outdoors.
Overall LED signs are used to drive customers in to the business. People love color and text that seems to draw them into the realm of new adventure. Your LED sign can do just this if all of these tips are followed. Get ready for the in your business!