Our Blog - A look into our world
And every one of those steps can be heavily-influenced by signage, especially the kind that showcases the branding of your logo and message.
In fact, the value of signs as marketing tools is as simple to understand as ABC
- Attracting New Customers: Some studies say that 85% of your customers live within five miles of your business. That means if you want to find customers outside your base after you've saturated the local market, you're going to need to use outdoor signs and other techniques to get them.
- Branding Your Business: Since so many of your potential customers leave nearby, they should be come so familiar with your brand and business that it's second-nature for them to stop in when they need something. That's only going to happen if there are signs outside and around town constantly reminding them about your brand.
- Creating Impulse Sales: Chances are, at some point, a sign has made you stop what you were doing and enter a store to buy something. Maybe you didn't know you wanted that item until you saw the sign but you knew as soon as you saw it that you were going to get what you need. Impulsive sales cannot be overlooked and signage like illuminated signs can help you secure more of them.
- Carved Signs - If you are located near a street or open space where customers pass by often, a carved sign can be a great way to spark attention and build dependable branding. There are plenty of ways to make a carved sign stand out, including making it gilded, sandblasted, painted with vinyl graphics or lighted. Quality sign companies will make durable signs that won't warp from weather or time as well as making sure the paint won't crack. Like your brand, your sign should last a long time.
- Illuminated Signs- Chances are, your customers don't stop needing things once the sun goes down. So a lighted sign makes a lot of sense. Even during the day, they attract attention and stand out from the crowd. Thanks to technology like LED, the landscape of signage has changed as the list of things you can do has increased exponentially.
- Monument Signs - If your business is inside a plaza or office complex, a monument sign is a great way to let customers know they can find you inside with a style of signage that stands the test of time and provides a durable branding opportunity. The weather-resistant material should last you for years as your business grows and your brand remains strong. Just like the sign.
- Painted Signs - Is your business about attention to detail, quality or artisan craft? Then a painted sign might be the best option for your business. A painted sign showcases quality graphics and/or images that speak to your desire for customers to see you and expect quality from your business.
- Awnings - Sometimes a sign isn't a sign. If an awning makes sense for your business, it can be like multiple signs in one. You can choose from hundreds of styles, colors and graphics that complement your building, logo and branding. It's hard to go wrong with awnings.
With customers in your market being bombarded with messaging and signage unlike ever before, it's your brand that becomes your best weapon in the fight for market share and awareness.
It is paramount to work with a sign company that understands branding. A sign company that understands branding, use of logos, color match, branding standards and their inherent values can put your franchise on the right path.
Both the franchisee and the franchisor want to deliver a consistent message that leans on the overall marketing and advertising reach while also driving home the key branding message in the neighborhood. A sign company that understands that won't tinker unnecessarily with the colors, logos or anything else. They'll focus on delivering signage that stays true to your exact needs and specifications.
A franchise is about maintaining a consistent message across all points of contact with the brand. The sign outside your store is a major part of that, don't leave it in the hands of a sign company that doesn't understand that.
A sign company that has worked in the industry for a long time picks up more than a few tricks. Working with large corporate clients and upstart entrepreneurs gives a sign company the experience it needs to anticipate logo and color issues as well as the challenges that come with any branding presentation.
This may be your first go at creating signage for your franchise but a quality sign company that has experience dealing with franchisees and franchisors can provide valuable insight into the process and foresee any critical issues that might arise that you would not be aware of otherwise.
It's not just about putting your franchise logo above the door, sitting back and waiting for the customers to roll in. What about outdoor lighted signs, LED letters, indoor signage for your entrance lobby, vehicle signage, street banners to announce your grand opening, etc. There are endless possibilities when it comes to the promoting and marketing of your brand.
Not to mention the different needs between opening one franchise and opening multiple locations at the same time. Can your sign company handle the added demand on quantities while also keeping the branding in mind?
Your sign company should be able to provide quality solutions to all of these sign needs without sacrificing your brand or 100% focus on the messaging you are trying to get across to potential customers.
When done correctly, signage is the most cost effective form of marketing. When a franchisor does their job to promote the brand and drive customers to your business, a clear, concise and on-point sign is often the best tool to seal the deal and ensure the sale.
A sign company can't look at each sign as just another tool in your marketing arsenal. A quality sign company sees each sign as the ultimate way to give you the most value for your dollar. Don't unnecessarily spend thousands on other forms of marketing or advertising to make up for the lack of awareness caused by poor craftsmanship or placement. A sign company that understands branding, use of logos, color match, branding standards and more will do the job right the first time, drive home your brand and save you money in the long haul.
For more information on franchise solutions and how a good sign company such as The Sign Center can help you, please click here.
The signage that a business uses outside of their location is extremely important to success. Without a clear visible sign, your customers will have trouble identifying your business from the road. Though as you explore different sign options, you'll realize there are two different types of lighted signs, LED and neon. Which one should you choose? Definitely LED.
One of the key axioms of business is this simple statement: Consumers won’t recall what they can’t see. In today’s hyper-visual environment, shoppers are bombarded with thousands of branding images – signs, logos, bumper stickers, online ads, banners, billboards – urging them to choose this product or that service. Some might ask why a company should spend money on branding when there is so much competitive clutter to cut through. The answer is quite simple: because branding works! Studies show that there is more brand loyalty today among the consuming audience than ever before. That loyalty translates directly to your bottom line success.